Subject: Re: [bug#77201] [PATCH] guix: substitute-key-authorization: Fix case when acl symlink is broken

From: Rutherther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 12:21:09 +0200

Hello Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Rutherther <[email-masked]> writes:
>

> Indentation is off (see above.)

Oh yeah, I didn't take much care with pasting it to an e-mail and it
became off somehow even though in code I have proper indentation.

> Also (I’m nitpicking!), margin comment
> should not be a full sentence, so rather:
>
>   (#f #f)  ;file doesn't exist

Oh, okay, I wasn't aware of these rules or even what 'margin' comments
are. But to be clear, you also agree the comments make sense here? It
seemed to me it's a bit hard to follow the reasoning here from the code itself.

> Should be good!

I am going testing now in a VM, then I will submit a patch later.

>
>> I will probably also make this into a reusable function in guix utils
>> build,
>
> Maybe not: (guix build utils) is rarely updated because it entails world
> rebuilds, which also means that it’s interfaces must be very generic and
> bullet-proof.  So I would keep it local for now.

Good point, I haven't thought of that.

Thank you,
Rutherther