Subject: bug#77195: closed (Re: bug#77195: [PATCH 0/7] Remove fenics)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2025 10:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#77195: [email-masked]: Fails to build, deprecated upstream.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77195: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77195
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77195: [PATCH 0/7] Remove fenics
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Garlick <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Romain Garbage <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2025 12:12:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Paul,

Am Wed, Jul 09, 2025 at 01:25:43PM +0100 schrieb Paul Garlick:
> I have submitted a patch to fix the build of the python-dolfin-adjoint
> package.  It is bug #78978 [0].
> This completes the set of fixes for the fenics-related packages.

thanks a lot for all your work on these packages! Everything is pushed
now, so I am closing the issue. If at some point in time you consider
adding the new fenicsx project and its related packages, you may wish to
open an account on codeberg, where most of the development work has
moved to.

ALl the best,

Andreas

Subject: [email-masked]: Fails to build, deprecated upstream.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2025 00:04:58 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

While checking the full python-science collection build state I've faced
with fenics-dolfin not building for a long time; upstream introduced a
fresh fork: <https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/dolfin> ->
<https://github.com/FEniCS/dolfinx> which might need some packaging
efforts to bring it in.

I've fixed the build of python-fenics-fiat, but fenics-dolfin still
failes to build.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 Generation 86   Mar 20 2025 08:00:04    (current)
  guix 77ff73a
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 77ff73a920759437639e8eb77601e51409fefefa

guix refresh --list-dependent fenics-dolfin

Building the following 2 packages would ensure 3 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

CC everytone paticipated in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/33059>

--
Oleg