Subject: bug#77195: [PATCH 0/7] Remove fenics

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2025 13:48:26 +0100

The project is still alive but distracted from other sources now
 (listed above), I think we may sacrifice deprecated variant and will
 check how to bring a maintained version. No strong opinion to
keep still working ones or delete them.

VCS: https://github.incerto.xyz/; https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/
GPG: 9847 81DE 689C 21C2 6418 0867 76D7 27BF F62C D2B5

… наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна найти
смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но совершенно не в
состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.

On Tue, 1 Apr 2025, 13:34 Ludovic Courtès, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> > Indeed, comments in our source code say that the fenics project has been
> > dormant for three years now. I think fenics-dolfin has not built for
> > months, probably years. So I suppose that nobody actually uses the
> > fenics packages in Guix, and I would suggest to remove them all on or
> > after May 1st. Patch series following.
>
> My understanding of <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/77195> is that only
> ‘fenics-dolfin’ fails to build, so perhaps we could limit to this one
> package?
>
> No strong opinion though.
>
> Ludo’.
>