Subject: [bug#77181] [PATCH 0/5] gnu: Fix bash completion directories.

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 09:37:35 -0700

Hi 45mg,

45mg <[email-masked]> writes:

> The following patches correct the exact same mistake found in 5 
> package
> definitions: bash completions were installed to 
> '/etc/bash-completion.d'
> instead of '/etc/bash_completion.d'. The latter is necessary for 
> the
> bash-completion package to find and load the installed 
> completions.
>

The changes seem fine, but could you link to somewhere explaining 
(or explain yourself) how bash completions are supposed to work? 
In addition to /etc/bash_completions.d, I see many packages 
installing them into /share/bash-completion.  Do both locations 
work?  Do we need to move eveything into one or the other 
location?

Thanks,

  -- Ian