Subject: Re: bug#7716: 23.2.91; Pretest Windows binary doesn't support PNG images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 00:24:02 +0200

> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:47:02 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > From: Sean Sieger <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:23:21 -0500
> > Cc: 
> > 
> > (I cannot say it is blissful being as limited as I am.)  Sorry I wasn't
> > reading closely ... um, nope, didn't build any differently.
> 
> That's strange, because the binary of the previous pretest shows PNG
> images.

I take that back.  The precompiled binary from the 23.2.90 pretest on
alpha.gnu.org doesn't display PNG, either.

This is consistent with what Drew sees: none of the precompiled
binaries, including those of Emacs 24 snapshots, can display PNG.

So, Sean, please try to debug this on your machine, because the
binaries I build here don't have that problem.  For starters, where
(from what archive of which package) did you get the PNG headers?