Subject: Re: bug#77140: [PATCH] Strip text properties on recentf entries

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 16:14:04 -0400

On Fri, Mar 21, 2025 at 11:13 AM Ship Mints <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2025 at 11:07 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> > From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
>> > Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2025 10:02:56 -0400
>> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> >
>> >  Thanks, but please make the lines in the log message shorter (see
>> >  CONTRIBUTE for guidance).  This includes both the heading and the rest
>> >  of the log message.
>> >
>> > This commit log entry summary is 64 chars (less than the 79 max target)
>> and the rest of the log is filled to 72
>> > (.dir-locals.el is in effect), so I'm missing what you are suggesting.
>>
>> The log message is indented with a TAB when we generate the ChangeLog
>> file from the Git log, so the 72-character lines will be 81, more than
>> we'd like to see in ChangeLog.  CONTRIBUTE says "Lines in ChangeLog
>> entries should preferably be not longer than 63 characters" for that
>> reason.  Please try not to exceed this limit, unless you really must
>> (like if you need to quote a long URL there).
>>
>
> Got it.  I've adjusted my 'git-commit-mode' 'fill-column' accordingly.
> Revised patch attached.
>

Possible to install this patch?  I've attached the same copy of the patch
from the above so it's easy to find.