Subject: bug#77108: closed (Re: bug#77108: "guix pull: error: You found a bug")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 16:34:14 +0000

Your bug report

#77108: "guix pull: error: You found a bug"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77108: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77108
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77108: "guix pull: error: You found a bug"
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Jacob K <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 16:45:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Jacob,

On Fri, 11 Apr 2025 at 22:02, Jacob K via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> wrote:

> My guess is that the error has something to do with a networking failure 
> or possibly a problem with running out of RAM.

Thank you for letting us know.  So closing. :-)

> I like the proposal in the thread you linked to ([1]).

Thanks, maybe one day one of us will be annoyed enough to implement this
proposal or an equivalent. :-)

Cheers,
simon

Subject: "guix pull: error: You found a bug"
From: Jacob K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 19:27:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to run `guix pull` I got an error.

I had previously started `guix pull` but cancelled it so I could install 
IceCat more quickly, but then my laptop died in the middle of `guix 
install icecat`. It was after powering on after that power loss that I 
ran `guix pull` and got this error.

After the error, I ran `guix pull` again and this time it succeeded. The 
log for this one was too long to fit in my virtual terminal, but I have 
attached a partial log in case that's helpful. Maybe it was just a 
random error and not actually a bug, but the message said to send an 
email so I decided to report it anyway.

Let me know if there's anything else I should do to help.