Subject: Re: [bug#77090] Patch to add linux-libre mnt/reform variant

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 14:20:22 +0100

Well; I tested linux-libre-arm64-mnt-reform on my Orange Pi 5 Plus
with Armbian’s U-Boot; as expected your kernel runs as good/bad as
linux-libre-arm64-generic there.  Of course is a different machine,
but it does use RK3588.

Orange Pi still has flaky Ethernet despite patches.  You described it
as flaky as well, though.  Ethernet works on some boots, as before.
Maybe the patches you put in do help on the MNT Reform, though.

USB3 is still broken.  I do not own a MIPI DSI phone/tablet display,
apparently laptop display for MNT Reform, which should work, I guess,
with appropriate device tree settings, which I guess your patches do
for MNT Reform.  Perhaps also your kernel patches.

As far as I understand, HDMI on Orange Pi 5 Plus would require the
blob
<https://web.git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/rockchip/dptx.bin>.
It seems likely that the MNT Reform RK3588 uses the CPU’s HDMI for
external displays as well, maybe, don’t know.

I have not reviewed the suitability nor license of patches.  Is it the
same license as that of the project to which each patch had been sent?

I have not run guix style nor lint and do not want to judge the Scheme
code style.

Regards,
Florian