Subject: Re: bug#77086: Filesystems not unmounted on reboot

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 17:59:09 +0200

Hello,

"Ashish SHUKLA" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just rebuilt kernel and problem happened again after guix system
> reconfigure. I made following not so helpful (at least I can not spot
> anything) videos (available for at least a week from today):
>
> https://www.lostca.se/~abbe/VID20250503134553.mp4 (chvt 12 && sleep 20 && reboot)
> https://www.lostca.se/~abbe/VID20250503134801.mp4 (after reboot, "recovering journal" message, and 00 00 00 bytes in the /var/log/messages indicate it was an unclean shutdown)

Thanks for taking the time to capture these videos.  Indeed, I cannot
really draw a conclusion either from this video.  I’m surprised that the
last message is terminating ‘term-console’, I would expect more messages
after that but I’m not sure.

Did you try this config in ‘guix system vm --no-graphic’?  Non-trivial
configs are often not reproducible as-is (due to Certbot certificates,
static networking configs, storage devices, etc.) but who knows.

Thanks,
Ludo’.