Subject: Re: Filesystems not unmounted on reboot

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 08:40:01 -0700

I’m still seeing this problem on at least one machine.

Here’s the system configuration: https://paste.debian.net/1365931/

It depends on my personal channel: 
https://codeberg.org/ieure/atomized-guix

I captured the state of the machine just now, then ran `sync' and 
`sudo reboot'.  It fsck’d on boot.

Script started on 2025-03-28 08:32:12-07:00 [TERM="dumb" 
TTY="/dev/pts/1" COLUMNS="191" LINES="39"]
isot0pe!ieure:~$ w
 08:32:13 up 2 days, 19:43,  2 users,  load average: 1.23, 0.34, 
 0.12
USER     TTY        LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU WHAT
ieure    seat0     Tue13    0.00s  0.00s  0.03s 
/gnu/store/wpdr1pfczc5a5yn7ii80qjgcgdv42jr2-gdm-46.2/libexec/gdm-x-session 
--register-session --run-script 
/gnu/store/mmw3bf5wachcd96i84770yzf
ieure    :0        Tue13   ?xdm?   1:59   0.03s 
/gnu/store/wpdr1pfczc5a5yn7ii80qjgcgdv42jr2-gdm-46.2/libexec/gdm-x-session 
--register-session --run-script 
/gnu/store/mmw3bf5wachcd96i84770yzf
isot0pe!ieure:~$ guix describe
Generation 62	Mar 25 2025 11:59:36	(current)
  guix dbef60e
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: dbef60edb356246855ad6749936ee511fc1a9b4b
  atomized f6fba0e
    repository URL: https://codeberg.org/ieure/atomized-guix.git
    branch: main
    commit: f6fba0e2b207b69ab093f2be47b306242c748ab8
  nonguix a96e245
    repository URL: https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix
    branch: master
    commit: a96e2451bda5aaf9b48339edee392c6a3017d730
isot0pe!ieure:~$ guix system describe
Generation 49	Mar 25 2025 12:05:36	(current)
  file name: /var/guix/profiles/system-49-link
  canonical file name: 
  /gnu/store/wkzxc2nbiydwr42v8a0702xl128n65b0-system
  label: GNU with Linux 6.13.7
  bootloader: grub-efi
  root device: /dev/mapper/cryptroot
  kernel: 
  /gnu/store/5mac890q3yhfi6pvxdl8mmpyngmra5s0-linux-6.13.7/bzImage
  channels:
    guix:
      repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
      branch: master
      commit: dbef60edb356246855ad6749936ee511fc1a9b4b
    atomized:
      repository URL: https://codeberg.org/ieure/atomized-guix.git
      branch: main
      commit: f6fba0e2b207b69ab093f2be47b306242c748ab8
    nonguix:
      repository URL: https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix
      branch: master
      commit: a96e2451bda5aaf9b48339edee392c6a3017d730
  configuration file: 
  /gnu/store/dhmn4825hvfvkbfbvb7xg6rkhdcj38ii-configuration.scm
isot0pe!ieure:~$ exit

Script done on 2025-03-28 08:32:30-07:00 [COMMAND_EXIT_CODE="0"]

 -- Ian