Subject: bug#77065: 31.0.50; Infinite loop in move_it_to

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 21:55:32 +0200

> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 09:35:18 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Yifan Zhu <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 3/17/25 7:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Thanks, but I don't have access to a system where these prerequisites
> > can be met.  So either someone can reproduce this, debug the problem,
> > and describe the reason for the loop, or I'd need to ask you to do it,
> > if possible.  Or, if you can show a recipe for reproducing the problem
> > without installing LaTeX and xenops, I could try reproducing this on
> > the systems to which I have access.
> 
> Some steps to reproduce without latex and xenops:

Thanks, but I couldn't reproduce, and I suspect it's because the
recipe is not well-defined.  Let me ask some questions.

>> 4. Make sure display-line-numbers-mode is turned on, and set wrapping 
> mode to word wrap

D|oes this mean turn on visual-line-mode, or does this mean just
assign value to word-wrap?

> 5. Put cursor on last word of second line, ("subgaussian"), and zoom in 
> until second line just spans two lines

What does it mean "just spans two lines"?  What exactly should appear
in the last line of the buffer?

Also, what is the size of the frame where this recipe should be run?

> 6. M-x split-window-right

And Emacs freezes right after split-window-right?  Or do I need to do
anything else?