Subject: Re: bug#77046: 31.0.50; Emacs sometimes crashes

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 18:25:46 -0400

Markus Triska <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Thanks.  I don't understand how's that possible, but I installed a
>> couple of trivial band-aids.
>
> Thank you! With 893c40c63e8e, the crashes still occur.
>
> The current situation has the nice advantage that I can quite easily
> reproduce the crash, adding new changes may also require changes in the
> example which may also lead to a more complex and harder to reproduce
> test case.
>
> A second issue now present is the question why the crash can only be
> reproduced in some but not all configurations.

If you can repro the crash, you can run it under rr and then just
reverse-execute the program to see what went wrong.  It's super
effective for dealing with problems like this.