Subject: bug#77046: 31.0.50; Emacs sometimes crashes

From: Markus Triska <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 19:08:48 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> your source tree is out of sync with the master branch, or some other
> factor is at work here.  Or maybe this backtrace is from Emacs before
> my fix?

In the example I posted, the crash still occurs also with a freshly
compiled Emacs from today's master branch which includes your fix.

>
> What does the below produce in GDB?
>
>   (gdb) frame 1
>   (gdb) print f->after_make_frame

I get:

    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
                                                        0x000055555559de87 in first_enabled_row (matrix=0x0) at dispnew.c:3499
    3499      for (int i = 0; i < matrix->nrows; ++i)
    (gdb) frame 1
    #1  0x000055555559deb9 in make_matrix_current (f=0x555555b9b520)
        at dispnew.c:3511
    3511      int first_row = first_enabled_row (f->desired_matrix);
    (gdb) print f->after_make_frame
    $1 = false