Subject: bug#77046: 31.0.50; Emacs sometimes crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 21:35:34 +0200

> From: Markus Triska <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 19:08:39 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > With the same backtrace which ends with
> 
> The new crash is now on OSX, where I cannot easily run gdb and do not
> see the backtrace. I will try again on the system from which I initially
> reported this, when I can physically access it again next week.

Thanks.  I tried on GNU/Linux.

> > ?  Then I cannot reproduce this.  What is the probablity to get a
> > crash in your case using that recipe?  One in 3? one in 10? one in
> > 100?
> 
> My guess is around 1 in 10. I now got a crash again after 6 tries. It is
> good to leave it running for a bit, and then interrupt it.

I leave it to run to frame numbers in hundreds or thousands before I
interrupt the command.  It never crashes, definitely not 1 in 10.

I wonder what is it with your environment that produces unreproducible
results, even for such simple problems.  Note that the backtrace
you've shown indicated the crash was while loading some Lisp file,
which I don't understand at all.