Subject: Re: 31.0.50; Flickering on macOS (Regression introduced by TTY child frame work)

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2025 02:19:32 +0000

Adding Gerd Möllmann.

The flicker appears to have been introduced by the work done in 414de92a562

Initial child frames based on master (Mon Oct 21 18:32:04 2024 +0200, 5
months ago) <Gerd Möllmann>

It's a fairly large change set, so I don't know yet what might be causing
it. I can reproduce it fairly consistently using my own setup, but I don't
know how to narrow it down to something from Emacs -Q because it appears to
be related to CPU utilization and/or rapid updating of buffers that are not
currently visible.

Aaron

On Sat, Mar 15, 2025 at 9:49 AM, Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here's a video clip: https://share.cleanshot.com/x8zWLgYf
>
> It seems to happen more often when there is significant load. In this
> case, I was running an 8 worker web server in a vterm in Emacs and a set of
> 8 parallel UI tests against it. The server was printing log messages at a
> rapid rate, but that vterm buffer was not visible.
>
>
> Aaron
>