Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Update uftrace to v0.17 and enable its tests

From: Arseniy Zaostrovnykh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 14:44:48 +0100

Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 13:25:17 +0100
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
base-commit: 92124591eedf27e988c84f75acd4b4d99ff43122
>From de35530f377cc2bcc3a68efa55d28ee3e42703fb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
This patch series takes care of updating uftrace to the most recent version
v0.17 and enables the run of all tests, not just the unit tests. To that end I
had to also add explicit dependencies on python and luajit because some tests
test this optional functionality.

uftrace loads the libpython and libluajit libraries dynamically with dlload,
which fails to find them in the user .guix-profile, so their /gnu/store paths
have to be hardcoded at the build stage. I made these depencencies, which are
arguable rather large, optional in a sense that a user can define a package
variant that excludes them and it will build properly. Let me know if there is
a better way to manage optional dependencies.

 gnu/packages/instrumentation.scm             | 67 ++++++++++++++------
 gnu/packages/patches/uftrace-fix-tests.patch | 32 ++++++++++
 2 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/uftrace-fix-tests.patch

Arseniy Zaostrovnykh (3):
  gnu: uftrace: Enable python and lua scripting and fix tests
  gnu: uftrace: Update to 0.17
  gnu: uftrace: Make python and luajit inputs optional

-- 
2.48.1