Subject: Re: bug#77037: [PATCH] services: `file-database-mcron-jobs' search updatedb in package field

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2025 14:00:27 +0200

Sergio Pastor Pérez <[email-masked]> skribis:

> `file-database-service-type' appends 'bin/updatedb' path to the `package'
> field provided by `file-database-configuration'. This prevents users from
> using alternate packages which also provide 'updatedb' but in a different
> location.
>
> For example, the `plocate' package installs 'updatedb' in 'sbin/updatedb'.
>
> Fallback to 'sbin/' if 'updatedb' is not found in 'bin/'.
>
> * gnu/services/admin.scm (file-database-mcron-jobs): locate 'updatedb' binary.
>
> Change-Id: Ic741716044be3a8f51a157510f9f923bd66c41d7

Hi!  I update ‘doc/guix.texi’ to match the docstring you changed and
applied it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.