Subject: Re: [PATCH] deploy: Support --target and --system.

From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 21:57:30 +0100

Roman Scherer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Sergey,
>
> this looks good to me and is better than what we have now. I'm testing
> this right now and will report back when it went through ...
>

I think this patch is not necessary at all, your code already sets the
`system` field of `machine-ssh-configuration` to the value appropriate
to one returned by hetzner-api.

It looks to me that the bug is in incorrect parameterization, see the
following patch. I've been able to deploy using it (again
`build-locally?` set to #f as it takes too long otherwise). Please test
this one.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>From 988d192cfe4833761d0714aa8a53392c09dd5c9d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Subject: [PATCH] machine: ssh: Use monadic parameterize for monads.

* gnu/machine/ssh (deploy-managed-host): Use store-parameterize in
monadic context.

Change-Id: I6441a5dac856633f2c2a00b77f21a385bf3a9510
---
 gnu/machine/ssh.scm | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/machine/ssh.scm b/gnu/machine/ssh.scm
index 73d5dc513e..0ce2860236 100644
--- a/gnu/machine/ssh.scm
+++ b/gnu/machine/ssh.scm
@@ -542,8 +542,8 @@ (define (deploy-managed-host machine)
                                         host
                                         (inferior-exception-arguments c))))
                               os))
-          (parameterize ((%current-system system)
-                         (%current-target-system #f))
+          (store-parameterize ((%current-system system)
+                               (%current-target-system #f))
             (with-roll-back #t
               (mbegin %store-monad
                 (upgrade-shepherd-services (eval/error-handling c

base-commit: df799a61ef73451e587cb81942c7bfcbbade9e7e
--
2.48.1

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---