Subject: bug#77027: closed (Re: bug#77027: 31.0.50; igc branch: crash)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 11:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#77027: 31.0.50; igc branch: crash

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77027: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77027
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77027: 31.0.50; igc branch: crash
From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
To: Óscar Fuentes Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 11:19:02 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Óscar Fuentes Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Backtrace follows. The emacs executable was built without debug info so
>>> function names only. Hope it is useful as a data point.
>>
>> Does xbacktrace not work in that build?
>
> Nope.
>
>> In any case, this looks very similar to bug#76847, which was fixed in
>> the revision after the one your Emacs was built from.
>
>> bug#76847 also involved key-chord-mode, I think.
>
> Okay, then I'll build Emacs (this time with debug info!)
>
> Usually I keep the same Emacs session until something forces me to close
> it, which sometimes means several weeks. At that point Emacs is rebuilt
> against HEAD. For igc, I think there is value on seeing how Emacs
> behaves on that type of usage.

I don't know what's the best strategy here.  Maybe Eli has some advice.

> Feel free to close this bug report and, as always, thank you.

Closing, because it's probably that other bug.  Thanks for the report,
and please keep reporting issues no matter how you test!

Pip

Subject: 31.0.50; igc branch: crash
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 11:23:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Backtrace follows. The emacs executable was built without debug info so
function names only. Hope it is useful as a data point.

#0  0x000055b7711776ad in Fdelq ()
#1  0x000055b7711c5cf6 in remove_process ()
#2  0x000055b7711c5e8f in status_notify ()
#3  0x000055b7711c61ea in Fdelete_process ()
#4  0x000055b7711ced17 in kill_buffer_processes ()
#5  0x000055b7710eb257 in shut_down_emacs ()
#6  0x000055b7710eb5bc in terminate_due_to_signal ()
#7  0x000055b77110d14e in handle_fatal_signal ()
#8  0x000055b77110d1b7 in deliver_fatal_thread_signal ()
#9  0x000055b77110d1e3 in handle_sigsegv ()
#10 0x00007fcdb9cc9da0 in <signal handler called> () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#11 0x00007fcdb9cc9fb7 in __GI_kill () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:120
#12 0x000055b7712a78c4 in sigHandle ()
#13 0x00007fcdb9cc9da0 in <signal handler called> () at /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#14 0x000055b77115bd3d in indirect_function ()
#15 0x000055b77110692c in get_keymap ()
#16 0x000055b7711071fe in access_keymap_1 ()
#17 0x000055b771107c87 in access_keymap ()
#18 0x000055b771107dcf in lookup_key_1 ()
#19 0x000055b771107ede in Flookup_key ()
#20 0x000055b771171cf3 in eval_sub ()
#21 0x000055b7711734c8 in Flet ()
#22 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#23 0x000055b7711723d0 in Fprogn ()
#24 0x000055b771172751 in funcall_lambda ()
#25 0x000055b7711728b5 in apply_lambda ()
#26 0x000055b77117214c in eval_sub ()
#27 0x000055b771172daa in Fsetq ()
#28 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#29 0x000055b7711723d0 in Fprogn ()
#30 0x000055b7711736e1 in Fwhile ()
#31 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#32 0x000055b7711723d0 in Fprogn ()
#33 0x000055b771173596 in Flet ()
#34 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#35 0x000055b7711723d0 in Fprogn ()
#36 0x000055b771172751 in funcall_lambda ()
#37 0x000055b7711728b5 in apply_lambda ()
#38 0x000055b77117214c in eval_sub ()
#39 0x000055b7711723a1 in Fand ()
#40 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#41 0x000055b771172cc5 in Fcond ()
#42 0x000055b771171b35 in eval_sub ()
#43 0x000055b7711723d0 in Fprogn ()
#44 0x000055b771172751 in funcall_lambda ()
#45 0x000055b771172a42 in funcall_general ()
#46 0x000055b771170a09 in Ffuncall ()
#47 0x000055b7710fd818 in read_char ()
#48 0x000055b77110054d in read_key_sequence ()
#49 0x000055b77110265f in command_loop_1 ()
#50 0x000055b77116d936 in internal_condition_case ()
#51 0x000055b7710ee391 in command_loop_2 ()
#52 0x000055b77116d87d in internal_catch ()
#53 0x000055b7710ee342 in command_loop ()
#54 0x000055b7710f2d95 in recursive_edit_1 ()
#55 0x000055b7710f30ff in Frecursive_edit ()
#56 0x000055b7710ed512 in main ()

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.2) of 2025-03-04 built on zen
Repository revision: 9a657e1dabc196e60dcf48435d48fb51aef3c60d
Repository branch: feature/igc
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-fno-omit-frame-pointer
 CPPFLAGS=-I/home/oscar/dev/include/mps
 LDFLAGS=-L/home/oscar/dev/other/mps/code --with-native-compilation
 --with-tree-sitter --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-modules --without-imagemagick --with-mps=yes'

Configured features:
CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE
XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: GDB-Script

Minor modes in effect:
  window-highlight-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  fancy-compilation-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  pulsar-global-mode: t
  pulsar-mode: t
  evil-owl-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/oscar/elisp/singles/flx hides /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/flx-20240205.356/flx
/home/oscar/elisp/magit/lisp/magit-section hides /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-20250307.1739/magit-section
/home/oscar/elisp/singles/which-key hides /home/oscar/dev/emacs/emacs/lisp/which-key

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gud tmm emacsbug help-fns lsp-javascript lsp-html
ido lsp-icons lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-semantic-tokens ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox ellama-transient ellama llm-provider-utils
llm-models llm-request-plz plz-event-source plz-media-type plz llm
loaddefs-gen radix-tree tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode mm-archive gnutls
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw display-line-numbers misearch
multi-isearch vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc
bug-reference window-highlight solarized-selenized-dark-theme
solarized-selenized-light-theme solarized-palettes solarized
solarized-faces vertico-directory mule-util fussy vertico-grid xt-mouse
term/xterm xterm meteo-radar lsp-dart lsp-dart-commands
lsp-dart-flutter-widget-guide lsp-dart-flutter-fringe-colors
lsp-dart-flutter-colors lsp-dart-outline lsp-dart-code-lens lsp-lens
lsp-dart-test-tree lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic lsp-treemacs-themes
treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility
treemacs-mode treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-faces treemacs-icons treemacs-scope
treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture hl-line treemacs-logging
treemacs-customization treemacs-macros lsp-dart-test-output
lsp-dart-test-support lsp-dart-dap lsp-dart-devtools
lsp-dart-flutter-daemon jsonrpc dap-utils dom xml dap-mode dap-tasks
dap-launch lsp-docker yaml posframe dap-overlays lsp-dart-closing-labels
lsp-dart-utils lsp-dart-protocol lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget
spinner network-stream nsm markdown-mode lv f ewoc flymake flycheck
lp0-ts-mode lp0-mode symbol-overlay company-ctags find-file
company-fuzzy ht company aggressive-indent deft orgit
emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-migrate org-roam-log
org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node org-roam-db
org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam org-attach emacsql-sqlite
emacsql emacsql-compiler org-noter org-element org-persist org-id
org-element-ast inline avl-tree org-protocol org-capture org-refile
org-crypt org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table org-keys oc
org-loaddefs find-func etags-select etags fileloop generator xref
project ol org-fold org-fold-core org-compat org-version org-macs
fancy-compilation ffap magit-bookmark bookmark git-rebase magit-extras
magit-sparse-checkout magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff magit-subtree
magit-patch magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff git-commit magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base which-func imenu vc-git
files-x vc-dispatcher magit-section benchmark cursor-sensor crm pulsar
pulse color evil-owl format-spec buffer-flip evil-paredit evil-anzu evil
evil-keybindings evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands reveal
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common rect evil-vars
mini-echo mini-echo-segments let-alist hide-mode-line face-remap wgrep
grep ag vc-svn compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color find-dired s dash
key-chord comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run comp-common cmake-mode rx
paredit-menu paredit edmacro kmacro server yasnippet lisp-mnt cl-extra
help-mode psvn wid-edit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
track-changes pp elp ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired dired-loaddefs
display-fill-column-indicator vertico-multiform marginalia vertico
flx-rs-core flx-rs flx goto-chg avy ring highlight-parentheses ws-butler
which-key diminish cl anzu easy-mmode thingatpt tmr pcase compat solar
cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs finder-inf advice disp-table
company-posframe-autoloads company-autoloads consult-flycheck-autoloads
consult-lsp-autoloads consult-org-roam-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads
eat-autoloads ellama-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads flutter-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
fussy-autoloads flx-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads llm-autoloads
lsp-dart-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads bui-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads f-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads emacsql-autoloads plz-event-source-autoloads
plz-media-type-autoloads plz-autoloads pomm-autoloads alert-autoloads
log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads spinner-autoloads
symbol-overlay-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads info
dash-autoloads vertico-autoloads wgrep-ag-autoloads
wgrep-deadgrep-autoloads wgrep-autoloads yaml-autoloads package
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile mps
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0)
 (vectors 24 0) (vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0)
 (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))