Subject: Re: bug#7700: 24.0.50; C-y binding withing Isearch mode

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:28:40 +0000

Hi, Dani!

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 08:30:41PM +0100, Dani Moncayo wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 20:23, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Although I haven't used `C-y' in isearch in a long time, I'm not sure its
> >> behavior is "useless".  It would probably be good to have some isearch key
> >> binding for what C-y does now.

> > How about M-y?

> IMO, it would be more consistent that C-y _and M-y_ have an analogous
> behavior of that when getting input from the minibuffer, as pointed
> out previously.

> The command currently bound to C-y can be rebound to another key
> (other than C-y and M-y).

Yes, but you've got to suggest one!  Maybe C-M-y for "grab to next line
end".  That's an unused binding, similar to the existing C-y, and lends
itself to easy repetition.

> Dani Moncayo

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).