Subject: Re: bug#7700: 24.0.50; C-y binding withing Isearch mode

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 01:14:44 +0100

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> All this talk about encumbering standard commands with prefix
>> keys ... has drowned out the proper topic of this thread
>
> And in any case this thread, including its proper topic, is not about a bug.
>
> It is a wishlist topic about a possibile enhancement: an enhancement request.
> I'm surprised it wasn't simply summarily sent to the wishlist.
>
>> Experience shows that threads like this one go nowhere...
>> They waste time, and make participation in the list very tedious.

Yes, implementing it often takes much less time.

I tested to implement this and it took me just a few minutes to get
the first part of it working. Now what do you want me to do with this?

I actually think submitting a new bug report is the best thing. It
might mean killing it as Drew suggested, but as some of us would love
this change it also reminds of Inanna. It will return.