Subject: [bug#76999] Patch not applied correctly

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2025 11:44:05 +0200

Hello!

Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

> Also, you seem to have omitted some portions of the patch for some
> reason.  You did not apply the section of the patch that removes and
> unregisters the file "llama-cpp-vulkan-optional.patch".

Yeah.  "git am" failed so I applied the patch using "patch" instead.
Then I didn't "git rm gnu/packages/patches/llama-cpp-vulkan-optional.patch"
and neither did I "git add gnu/local.mk".  I did do
"git add gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm" and "git am --continue -S -s",
though.

Anyway, I have reverted it and then applied a variant of your v3 now.

In v3, python-gguf was ambiguous (both python-gguf and
python-gguf-llama-cpp were called "python-gguf" as package name).
Furthermore, since both python-gguf-llama-cpp and python-gguf had a
"(chdir "gguf-py")", one of them would fail (since it's doing
the "(chdir "gguf-py")" twice).

I've thus removed python-gguf-llama-cpp. (there were no references to
its variable anyway)

If you want python-gguf-llama-cpp to be reinstated in the future, we can.

Thanks,
   Danny