Subject: bug#7699: 24.0.50; Emacs still doesn't paste what you select with mouse

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:14:09 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:36:21 -0800
> Cc: 
> 
> emacs -Q
>  
> Select some text outside an Emacs session - e.g. from another Emacs
> session or from a Web browser or other app.  Copy it to the clipboard
> (C-c on Windows).
>  
> In Emacs, select some text with the mouse (e.g. drag mouse-1).  Click
> mouse-2 to paste the text you selected.  Instead what was copied to the
> clipboard gets pasted.

It will work as you want if you customize mouse-drag-copy-region to a
non-nil value, I think.

I will try to fix the default case as well in a few days (let me know
if you want meanwhile to try a fix -- it's in mouse.el), but no
promises, since this is all very tricky due to conflicting
requirements and the fact that Windows doesn't have primary selection.
See, for example, bug#6689.