Subject: bug#76988: Architecture-specific kernels (arm64-generic) built for, x86_64

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 10:52:46 +0000

Hello Vagrant,

This looks to me like a problem with cuirass (or cuirass settings).
The packages are marked as unsupported correctly, e.g. the arm64-generic 
kenel  should only support aarch64-linux (as can be seen by the warning).
However the ci server attempts to build it for all architectures.

I searched for 	linux-libre-arm64-generic-6.13.7 on the cuirass 
interface on ci.g.g.o and there were builds for
i686-linux, x86_64_linux, powerpc64le-linux and
aarch64-linux

As the x86_64 build succeeds it then serves the substitute to someone 
asking for it.

Specifying either --system=aarch64-linux or --target=aarch64-linux-gnu 
gave me a substitute corresponding to a native/cross built arm64 kernel.

file $(guix build linux-libre-arm64-generic 
--target=aarch64-linux-gnu)/Image
/gnu/store/*linux-libre-arm64-generic-6.13.7/Image: Linux kernel ARM64 
boot executable Image, little-endian, 4K pages