Subject: bug#76974: 31.0.50; [wishlist] Add global key binding for tramp-revert-buffer-with-sudo

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 11:58:49 +0100

>>>>> On Wed, 12 Mar 2025 11:46:26 +0100, Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> said:

    Michael> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    Michael> Hi Robert,

    >> How about "C-u C-u M-x revert-buffer", and then people can choose
    >> their own key binding? Sticking it on "C-x @" or "C-x |" seems like
    >> overkill.

    Michael> 'C-u C-u M-x revert-buffer' doesn't sound like a benefit, compared with
    Michael> 'M-x tramp-rev TAB'.

In my setup is would be "C-u C-u s-u", since I bind "s-u" to `revert-buffer'.

    Michael> But revert-buffer is a good hint. We have already the 'C-x x g'
    Michael> binding. How about to bind 'C-x x @' to tramp-revert-buffer-with-sudo?
    Michael> The ctl-x-x-map collects already some less frequently used buffer
    Michael> commands.

I like this suggestion. Although for non-US keyboards maybe "C-x x s"
would be easier to type?

Robert
--