Subject: bug#76969: kill-buffer fails silently when a thread exists where it's current

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 05:43:30 +0300

On 26/07/2025 13:06, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2025 04:32:05 +0300
>> Cc:[email-masked],[email-masked]
>> From: Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>>
>> +DEFUN ("thread-buffer-disposition", Fthread_buffer_disposition, Sthread_buffer_disposition,
>> +       1, 1, 0,
>> +       doc: /* Return the value of THREAD's buffer disposition.  */)
> The doc string should document the values.
> 
>> +DEFUN ("thread-set-buffer-disposition", Fthread_set_buffer_disposition, Sthread_set_buffer_disposition,
>> +       2, 2, 0,
>> +       doc: /* Set THREAD's buffer disposition.  */)
> Likewise.

Okay. Do I just copy the argument's description twice? Alternatively, 
could add references to 'make-thread'.

> Also, these two new primitives should be documented in the ELisp
> manual.

Are they important enough for the manual? Since 'make-thread' gets the 
new argument, I'd imagine most users would go through it, or at least 
learn about "thread disposition" due to that.

If you're sure, no problem - it's just the section that I'm looking at 
is called "Basic Thread Functions".