Subject: bug#76962: closed ([PATCH] gnu: python-anyio: Disable keyboardinterrupt for aarch64-linux native builds.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 19:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76962: [PATCH] gnu: python-anyio: Disable keyboardinterrupt for aarch64-linux native builds.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76962: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76962
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH] gnu: python-anyio: Disable keyboardinterrupt for aarch64-linux native builds.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 19:04:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

To close the issue you may send an email with suffix done e.g.
[email-masked]

Closing as not an issue.

VCS: https://github.incerto.xyz/; https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/
GPG: 9847 81DE 689C 21C2 6418 0867 76D7 27BF F62C D2B5

… наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна найти
смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но совершенно не в
состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.

Subject: [PATCH] gnu: python-anyio: Disable keyboardinterrupt for aarch64-linux native builds.
From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 17:47:47 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>From c9cc1e2f14034472ddbf6975301e52edb82eee49 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Zacchaeus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 17:20:57 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: python-anyio: Disable keyboardinterrupt for
 aarch64-linux native builds.

*gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm: (python-anyio): Disable keyboardinterrupt test
during native aarch64-linux builds.

Change-Id: I21a20262fdf6d538fd2deda5c42441695fa24eea
---

The python-anyio package already disables
`test_keyboardinterrupt_during_test` when cross-compiling to
aarch64-linux.  This issue is not specific to cross-compilation and also
fails when natively compiling on aarch64-linux machines (--system=
instead of --target=).  This patch adds support for natively building
python-anyio on aarch64-linux by disabling that test in such cases.

eikcaz-

 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
index 4cb7c72a82..887bceb53d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
@@ -32272,7 +32272,8 @@ (define-public python-anyio
 
                  ,@(cond
                     ((or (target-aarch64?)
-                         (target-riscv64?))
+                         (target-riscv64?)
+                         (string=? "aarch64-linux" (%current-system)))
                      '(" and not test_keyboardinterrupt_during_test"))
                     (#t '()))
 
-- 
2.48.1