Subject: Re: bug#76955: 30.1; php-ts-mode-php-executable default path may not match remote path

From: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 22:30:03 +0000

Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ciao Eli, this is the new patch.

Hi Vincenzo,

The php binaries which I use are installed with pkgsrc, which supports
installing multiple versions of PHP, installed as bin/php${PHP_VERSION}.
One of those versions would be available as bin/php.

If I have two remote versions installed, and one of them is found by
executable-find searching for "php", I cannot see how I would select the
other version once the patch is applied.

Shouldn't the search name "php" be configurable to allow the name to be
overridden?  Something like this:

  (executable-find php-program t)

where php-program defaults to being "php".

Thanks,
Morgan

-- 
Morgan Willcock