Subject: bug#76953: Latest elpa track-changes 1.3 uses incf which does not exist in Emacs < 31

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 22:05:22 -0400

>> Second package released a couple of days that refers to future features.
>>
>> track-changes says:
>>
>> ;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "24"))

"Package-Requires:" does not intend to mean that the package is
guaranteed to work with that release.  Instead it's intended to mean
something more like "it's guaranteed not to work with an older release".

>> Is there an ELPA infrastructure testing regime,

AFAIC, the burden of testing on older releases falls on users of those
older releases.
[ And indeed, when the "older" release is the latest release, it usually
  doesn't take long, as bug#76953 seems to show.  ]

> This should now be fixed, and I've bumped the version of track-changes
> accordingly, so it should be released on GNU ELPA within 24 hours.

Thanks,

        Stefan