Subject: bug report

From: Mbuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 12:45:46 -0400

[mbuc83@localhost ~]$ *parted /dev/mapper/rl-root*
WARNING: You are not superuser.  Watch out for permissions.
/dev/mapper/control: open failed: Permission denied
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.198-RHEL9 (2024-05-16) and kernel driver 
(unknown version).

You found a bug in GNU Parted! Here's what you have to do:

Don't panic! The bug has most likely not affected any of your data.
Help us to fix this bug by doing the following:

Check whether the bug has already been fixed by checking
the last version of GNU Parted that you can find at:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/

Please check this version prior to bug reporting.

If this has not been fixed yet or if you don't know how to check,
please visit the GNU Parted website:

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted

for further information.

Your report should contain the version of this release (3.5)
along with the error message below, the output of

     parted DEVICE unit co print unit s print

and the following history of commands you entered.
Also include any additional information about your setup you
consider important.

*Unable to determine the dm type of /dev/mapper/rl-root.*