Subject: bug#76943: 30.1; comint-interrupt-subjob does not interrupt process in inferior-python

From: Garid Zorigoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 00:26:53 +0900

I cannot interrupt the long process in the inferior python.

How to reproduce:
1. M-x run-python
2. Start long process (for example below: time.sleep())
3. Both C-c C-c  and   M-x comint-interrupt-subjob doesn't interrupt the
process

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Python 3.13.2 (main, Feb  5 2025, 08:05:21) [GCC 14.2.1 20250128] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
warning: can't use pyrepl: terminal doesn't have the required clear
capability; TERM=dumb
>>> import time
>>> time.sleep(1000)
  C-c C-c  C-c C-c

  M-x c o m i n t - i n t e r r u p t - s u b j o b RET
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably due to the new updated REPL in python-3.13
(this seems caused another issue discussed in the
thread
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2025-02/msg01038.html)

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.48,
cairo version 1.18.2)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12401006
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --disable-build-details
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro
 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date compile text-property-search
cl-seq cl-extra help-mode files-x python rx project byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile compat pcase treesit comint subr-x ansi-osc ring ansi-color
cus-start cus-load icomplete cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 111495 10661) (symbols 48 13485 0) (strings 32 32939 3083)
 (string-bytes 1 844154) (vectors 16 14053)
 (vector-slots 8 183289 6546) (floats 8 38 3333) (intervals 56 393 10)
 (buffers 992 14))