Subject: bug#76941: [PATCH] completion-preview.el: Provide an API.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 14:58:57 +0200

> From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 21:45:13 +0100
> 
> >> > Should this be documented in the ELisp manual?
> >> 
> >> Maybe, I can definitely add something if you think we should.  I wonder
> >> where to mention it though, perhaps in `(elisp)Completion in Buffers'?
> >
> > Yes, there.
> 
> OK, done in the updated patch below.

Thanks, the addition to the manual is okay, with one nit:

> +  Emacs can also @emph{suggest} possible in-buffer completions by means
> +of a @dfn{completion preview}.  The preview appears after a given
> +stretch of buffer text, usually ending at point, and suggest a possible
> +completion of that text.  Users can interact with the preview to accept
> +the completion suggestion or cycle among multiple suggestions.  Use the
> +following functions to create or dismiss a completion preview:

The ELisp manual is written for Lisp programmers, not for Emacs
users.  So please use "Lisp programs" instead of "users" and "call"
instead of "use".