Subject: bug#76935: 31.0.50; New frame ignores default-frame-alist

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 10:48:20 +0100

> Ah, yes, this seems to be Bug#73244.  In fact, the dimensions from
 > the doc string do not work:

But that was about specifying the frame size in .Xresources and below
you say that "the initial frame is of reasonable size".  Can you try
setting the size in .Xresources?

 > (defun resize-me (frame)
 >    (set-frame-size frame 80 55))
 >
 > (add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions 'resize-me)
 >
 > I still get small frames/windows.
 >
 > Using (set-frame-size frame 80 54) does work, though.

Remarkable.  Can you try with a few other sizes?  And what happens when
you use the "54" in 'default-frame-alist'?

 > Yes, the initial frame is of reasonable size.

Can you move the 'default-frame-alist' setting to an early-init.el file
to find out whether it affects the initial size then?

martin