Subject: Missing or ambiguous license headers in several files

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 09:34:17 +0000

Hi Vagrant,

>  gnu/packages/python-graphics.scm
> 
> Again, no license declaration, but a list of copyright holders including
> Adam Kandur <[email-masked]>, Daniel Meißner
> <[email-masked]>, Morgan Smith
> <[email-masked]>, Adam Faiz <[email-masked]>, Simon
> Tournier <[email-masked]>, and Sharlatan Hellseher
> <[email-masked]>.

May you clarify what exactly do you mean under "no license declaration"?

I see this in the used modules:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define-module (gnu packages python-graphics)
  #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and 

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> grep license gnu/packages/python-graphics.scm
  #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
      (license license:expat))))
    (license license:expat)))
    (license license:bsd-3)))
    (license license:bsd-3)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Licenses are defined in "guix/licenses.scm"

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define bsd-3
  (license "Modified BSD"
           "http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:BSD_3Clause"
           "https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list#ModifiedBSD"))

;; Some people call it the MIT license. For clarification see:
;; https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat
(define expat
  (license "Expat"
           "http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Expat"
           "https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And each package has a valid license in the definition, or maybe it's
something else?

I've initiated python-graphics (similar to crates.graphics and
java-graphics) module to collect and move anything which requires messa
or similar low level bindings for Python. There a lot in python-xyz
which would be moved in this module.

--
Oleg