Subject: bug#76925: [PATCH] admin/notes/elpa: Add note on contributing to external packages

From: david <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2025 12:17:45 -0400

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> What do you think about the patch update?  I'm open to any suggestions
>> from you.  Thanks.
>
> FWIW, I don't see any need to add anything of that kind to `admin/notes/elpa`.
>
>
>         Stefan

Thanks, Stefan.  Could you share what you propose instead?  This thread
stems from an issue about missing information that we could address.
Several developers have discussed the patch, and I believe that when
joining a thread to express disagreement, it's helpful to offer an
alternative or explanation—especially when others see value in the
change.  If the patch had been dismissed from the start as unnecessary
or irrelevant, there would be no issue.  But when multiple developers
are actively discussing it, simply stating it's unnecessary without
elaboration can come across as lacking tact.  I say this because I feel
a sense of responsibility for a thread I started.

Looking forward to your thoughts.