Subject: bug#76921: 31.0.50; Emacs 26.1 required for debbugs 0.44

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 18:18:24 +0100

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Manuel,

> I hope this is the right place to report this.

Sure. GNU ELPA packages, like debbugs, are handled via debbugs :-)

> I tried to update my packages with `package-upgrade-all' but when trying
> to upgrade debbugs from 0.43 to 0.44, I get the following error:
>
> package-compute-transaction: This package requires Emacs version 26.1

What's the problem? Debbugs requires Emacs 26.1 for two years:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
commit a35646a9798226b8630fbd7a0691edc78ccd92b3
Author: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sat Apr 9 10:21:27 2022 +0200

    Release debbugs 0.32

    * debbugs-compat.el: New file.

    * debbugs-gnu.el (debbugs-compat): Require it.
    (debbugs-gnu-insert-changelog): Use `debbugs-compat-string-replace'.

    * debbugs.el: Require Emacs 26.1.  Move version to 0.32.
    (subr-x): Require it.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Perhaps there is an error in package-upgrade-all? Copying Philip and
Stefan; perhaps they have an idea.

> It also seems that debbugs 0.43 was removed before this error appears.

> Best regards,

Best regards, Michael.