Subject: 31.0.50; Emacs 26.1 required for debbugs 0.44

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 17:03:27 +0100

Hi Michael,

I hope this is the right place to report this.

I tried to update my packages with `package-upgrade-all' but when trying
to upgrade debbugs from 0.43 to 0.44, I get the following error:

package-compute-transaction: This package requires Emacs version 26.1

It also seems that debbugs 0.43 was removed before this error appears.

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 27, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.7, X toolkit) of
 2025-03-09 built on computer
Repository revision: a5f8ce9f1eae29f87fe13adb61bd4e15faa628a2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.7 GENERIC.MP#582 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  debbugs-browse-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug find-dired ffap tabify imenu man gnus-search pcmpl-unix
pcmpl-linux lisp-mnt display-line-numbers pulse finder-inf smerge-mode
diff misearch multi-isearch tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
term ehelp shr-color mailalias smtpmail org-duration cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew cal-julian holidays
holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap sort gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive
url-cache qp nndoc nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss org-agenda
cus-start org-indent rmailmm rmail oc-basic org-element org-persist
org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww eww vtable url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif
hideshow make-mode tex-mode conf-mode slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp
trampver tramp-integration tramp-message tramp-compat shell pcomplete
tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile etags fileloop generator xref arc-mode archive-mode
noutline outline hyperspec texinfo texinfo-loaddefs macrostep-c cmacexp
macrostep rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode facemenu nxml-util nxml-enc
xmltok sh-script smie executable view vc-dir ewoc mule-util on-screen
autoconf autoconf-mode vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view log-edit add-log pcvs-util vc-git diff-mode track-changes
files-x vc vc-dispatcher debbugs-browse bug-reference python rx project
treesit comint ansi-osc ansi-color gnus-dired format-spec time battery
desktop frameset utf-7 network-stream imap rfc2104 exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes zone speed-type dash thingatpt url-http url-auth url-gw nsm
compat ytdious ring mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date range sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode advice derived disp-table
erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs elec-pair edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads
exwm-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact
set hhist notmuch-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads info dash-autoloads
sudo-edit-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads tablist-autoloads
transmission-autoloads xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3072954 629611) (symbols 48 68180 63)
 (strings 32 552787 68732) (string-bytes 1 24353268)
 (vectors 16 222242) (vector-slots 8 2899641 692251)
 (floats 8 1210 4134) (intervals 56 383664 9976) (buffers 992 178))

-- 
Manuel Giraud