Subject: bug#76921: 31.0.50; Emacs 26.1 required for debbugs 0.44

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 20:01:56 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Perhaps there is an error in package-upgrade-all? Copying Philip and
>>> Stefan; perhaps they have an idea.
>> See also bug#76861 and bug#76861.
>
> Yeah, sounds like the exact same bug.
> Manuel, was your problem easy to reproduce?  If so, can you try and
> update your `master` build of Emacs and see if you can still reproduce
> the problem after the update?

Yes, it was easy to reproduce:

    - M-x package-install <RET>
    - debbugs <RET>

I have then update Emacs to master at fd4de89460e.  The same commands
now work correctly (In fact, I had to de-install debbugs because Emacs
thought that 0.44 was installed while the .el files were absent).

Thanks.
-- 
Manuel Giraud