Subject: [bug#76910] [PATCH v3 0/5] Add Hyprland Plugins

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2025 03:34:37 -0400

After investigatory efforts into each of the three options discussed earlier, I
have decided that it would be best to manually maintain the "compilation commit"
of each plugin for now, according to the plan laid out in the final patch of
this series. This decision was made after observing how 'hyprpm' is, at current,
simultaneously too lacking in features and flexibility to be integrated as a
guix-contolled build tool while also developing too fast to have confidence that
a re-implementation of its behavior won't be either obsoleted by changes in that
behavior or by hyprpm becoming a better implementation in a matter of months. I
also attempted to prepare hyprpm for straightforward user-land use just as it
is, but it seems to assume a more FHS-compliant filesystem than Guix provides;
not that I'd discourage a more experienced contributor from trying to adapt
it. I've written more about the specifics of how these packages will be
maintained and why in a comment added in the final patch of this series.

Also, I've removed hypr-dynamic-cursors, as I couldn't find a commit for it that
both builds and loads for Hyprland versions 0.48.0 and 0.48.1. Gabriel, if you
have any advice regarding this, it would be appreciated.

Let me know what you think,

Andrew Wong

Andrew Wong (5):
  gnu: Add Hyprland plugins.
  gnu: Add hyprscroller.
  gnu: Add hy3.
  gnu: Add hypr-darkwindow.
  gnu: Add hyprland plugin maintainer note

 gnu/packages/wm.scm | 238 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 238 insertions(+)

base-commit: bcd207005c4ae1b0ae11ebe932047218ffe6ee83
-- 
2.49.0