Subject: Re: [bug#76899] Request for merging "c++-team" branch

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2025 16:02:22 -0400

On Sat, Jul 26, 2025 at 4:32 PM Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
> I have restarted guix-data-service, then qa-frontpage, but this is
> already the result.
>
> To me, this looks like a bug in the data service, which only Chris
> should be able to debug...
>
> So CI remains as our only source of build results.
>
> Andreas

The restart looks to have reignited QA.

1) Can failed QA builds be restarted as with CI?

Of the 9 failed builds, 6 have built locally for me:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix build [email-masked] jsoncpp julia python-diskcache
python-duckdb python-pybedtools
/gnu/store/byqdnch9v28djx3gkd0ba3b6lqigiimw-icedtea-2.6.13-doc
/gnu/store/qd4g7h2552nk5avnsa5b610x7f3ycdar-icedtea-2.6.13-jdk
/gnu/store/ssb80nhgkbb1vaqddlcpm96a8jpvkkgp-icedtea-2.6.13
/gnu/store/7haysh5icvla8rkbjjq1z58s6771fw3f-jsoncpp-1.9.6
/gnu/store/cji4cc9ky8brvp2v5swfdwcd98a5rldm-julia-1.8.5
/gnu/store/9i0cvsdxxz4d78pxqwk4mylicdprwgh1-python-diskcache-5.6.3
/gnu/store/0l5zd0xihnmb04x9r9xhv4jvmmcq4sjl-python-duckdb-1.3.2
/gnu/store/6yjwf2yv3shrs1wqrjm2w3x3w0rr7a2r-python-pybedtools-0.10.0

I have a patch for libomemo which will be in the next rebase and push.

knewstuff and qtscxml have test errors that I was hoping would run
cleanly on the servers.

2) Can CI show the list of broken builds as with QA?

Greg