Subject: [bug#76899] Request for merging "c++-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 16:15:24 +0200

Hello,

this branch is now first in line.
Could you rebase it on master, possible a commit known (in an hour or two)
to data.qa.guix.gnu.org, or for the time being just commit
   eb7fb3c59d8de06ef942dce55ceb9565917e7ddb
which is the merge of qt-team?

And maybe add the commit of https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/pulls/1569 on top.

Right now QA shows a lot of blocked packages:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/c++-team

And CI failed with this message, inside
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/2073835/log/raw

(exception unbound-variable (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~S") (value (cmake-next)) (value #f))
builder for `/gnu/store/sfff5zisrfw5r5s8dw5gsdwm413jdkr7-guix-package-cache.drv' failed to produce output path `/gnu/store/5b2bcrf30gh2q3rpzinq6ri1sxb1lnp1-guix-package-cache'
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/dzz0dd83pz4gx76rbhzp7zdz9b0x1354-profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built

I wonder if this indicates a problem with the branch, cmake-next is
definitely a package related to changes in this branch:
grep cmake-next gnu/packages/*.scm
gnu/packages/video.scm:      #:cmake cmake-next                ;needs cmake >= 3.28
gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm:      #:cmake cmake-next
So I think this is a place where cmake-next used to be used, but
it does not exist anymore.

See this commit:
commit 83144c271c19af3a686a52c176fbb495f2c6d8dc
Author: Murilo <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Jul 22 14:53:44 2025 -0300

    gnu: hyprsunset: Update to 0.3.0.

    * gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm (hyprsunset): Update to 0.3.0.
    [native-inputs]: Change gcc-14 to gcc-15.
    [inputs]: Add hyprlang.
    [arguments]{cmake}: Use cmake-next.

    Signed-off-by: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>

And this one:
commit 686cc8728ebe6b0572bebb31fb671f5fa0880cf2
Author: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Feb 10 13:05:44 2025 +0800

    gnu: obs: Upduate to 31.0.1.

    * gnu/packages/patches/obs-modules-location.patch: Adjust for 31.0.1.
    * gnu/packages/video.scm (obs): Update to 31.0.1.
    [inputs]: Add rnnoise and uthash.
    [arguments]: Use cmake-next.  Add "-DENABLE_NVENC=OFF" to configure-flags.
    Set OBS_EXECUTABLE_RPATH, OBS_LIBRARY_RPATH and OBS_MODULE_RPATH.

    Change-Id: Iaa8e7fceb04b3bf7e69cb0a040938ca90dfa46d0
    Signed-off-by: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>

I think this is a place where textual git rebases do work, but are not
semantically correct; we will need a fixup to the commit that removes
cmake-next to handle these two packages.

Thanks,

Andreas