Subject: Re: Request for merging "c++-team" branch

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 16:34:17 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2025 at 6:24 AM Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello Greg,
>
> I tried to rebase the branch on master, but got a merge conflict in
> inkscape. Could you maybe have a look?
>
> Andreas

I was able to push but had to delete the branch first. Not sure why
the following was failing (I had fetched upstream).

Are you able to create a c++-team specification on CI? I have waited
on this until getting this branch as clean as I can locally, which
happened just now, and why I had not pushed an updated branch, or a
new patchset on #70031. I am hoping that Codeberg is an improvement
over blasting the mailing list with many-part updates.

Greg

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ git push -f upstream c++-team
guix git: successfully authenticated commit
315aeb0fc3edb7dcd071cf9737ec908666f0d995
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
Compiling Scheme modules...
All 132 channel news entries are valid.
Enumerating objects: 494, done.
Counting objects: 100% (494/494), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (376/376), done.
Writing objects: 100% (376/376), 126.26 KiB | 66.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 376 (delta 330), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0 (from 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (330/330), completed with 118 local objects.
remote: error: denying non-fast-forward refs/heads/c++-team (you
should pull first)
To git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/guix.git
 ! [remote rejected]       c++-team -> c++-team (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/guix.git'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---