Subject: bug#7689: Fwd: Due for a new release?

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:24:34 +0100

tags 7689 notabug
close 7689
thanks

On Monday 20 December 2010, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> The odd thing is that even though it complains, it still generates the correct Makefile in the first case:
> 
> SYMFILES = $(srcdir)/uni.h $(shell $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -E $(srcdir)/header.c | $(AWK) -f $(srcdir)/script.awk)
> 
> Does automake need to be $(shell ...)-aware?
> 
This is not a bug, as Nick has clearly explained here (BTW, thanks
Nick for this!):
 <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2010-12/msg00051.html>

So I'm closing it.

Philip, if you've been confused on this issue by the automake manual,
and have specific complaints or suggestions for improvement, feel free
to open a new bug report.  Thanks.

Regards,
  Stefano