Subject: 31.0.50; (assq 'emacs package--builtin-versions) breaks by cond-star

From: ote kuu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2025 20:49:26 +0900

https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/d2445c8c23595efdd444fce6f0c33ba66b596812/lisp/emacs-lisp/cond-star.el#L7
The version notation on this line causes the emacs package version (can get
by `(assq 'emacs package--builtin-versions)` ) to be overwritten when
generating loaddefs, which in turn causes package.el to stop functioning
properly.

```
;;; Generated autoloads from emacs-lisp/cond-star.el

(push '(emacs 1 0) package--builtin-versions)
```

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) of 2025-03-08 built
 on 42
Repository revision: d2445c8c23595efdd444fce6f0c33ba66b596812
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --without-x'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GMP GNUTLS GPM LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow regexp-opt sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/screen term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify multi-tty
make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 50894 9567) (symbols 48 6042 0) (strings 32 14494 1688)
 (string-bytes 1 353614) (vectors 16 7530) (vector-slots 8 66965 4327)
 (floats 8 25 1) (intervals 56 213 8) (buffers 984 10))