Subject: bug#76849: wine 10.0 linker error

From: glab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2025 00:06:31 +0000

Running 32-bit wine results in the following error:

   bash: /gnu/store/sxbn4yi12jna12c4s8ab8wrb1n51hfhy-wine-10.0/bin/wine: 
No such file or directory

That file actually does exist. Calling file on it provides this output:
   /gnu/store/sxbn4yi12jna12c4s8ab8wrb1n51hfhy-wine-10.0/bin/wine: ELF 
32-bit LSB pie executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically 
linked, interpreter 
/gnu/store/hw6g2kjayxnqi8rwpnmpraalxi0djkxc-glibc-2.39/lib/ld-linux.so.2, 
for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, stripped

However, the linked interpreter does not exist.

Rutherther kindly provided the following insight on IRC:
"wine(32) seems to work like this: "guix shell --system=i686-linux 
wine", which is counterintuitive imo, x86_64 should either be 
unsupported platform, or it should be made sure that it points to them 
on x86_64 as well"

-- 
Gustavo