Subject: bug#768: 23.0.60; vc-bzr.el re-reads metadata files in an endless loop

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:05:32 +0200

Hallöchen!

Torsten Bronger writes:

> I load a remote file in a Bazaar repository using Emacs Tramp
> through an ssh connection.  Sometimes, this means that every five
> seconds, four remote files belonging to Bazaar's metadata are
> read.  These are "dirstate" twice, then "format" and
> "last-revision".  After five seconds, this procedure starts again.
> I haven't yet figured out when it happens, however, I was once
> blocked by a firewall because the repetive ssh connection were
> considered an attack.

I think I know what happens: I set (auto-revert-check-vc-info t)
which probably means that Emacs re-reads VC metadata every five
seconds.  However, it is questionable whether this makes sense for
remote files through Tramp.

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
                   Jabber ID: [email-masked]