Subject: bug#76795: Add macro expansion commands that use macroexpand-all

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 09:12:42 +0200

> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 00:14:00 +0000
> From:  Okamsn via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> The attached patch adds for at expanding the sexp before point using 
> `macroexpand-all` instead of `macroexpand`.  This is useful when the 
> expansion contains macros that could be further expanded. I have been 
> using it for several years in my own config.
> 
> I have named these commands 'pp-macroexpand-all-last-sexp ' and 
> 'pp-macroexpand-all-expression '. They could also be called 
> 'pp-macroexpand-last-sexp-all' and 'pp-macroexpand-expression-all'. 
> Please let me know if you would prefer different names.

Thanks.

Stefan, any comments on this?

In any case, if we decide to install this, it will need a NEWS entry
and perhaps also be mentioned in the ELisp manual.