Subject: bug#76792: [PATCH] dired-copy-filename-as-kill to support project relative names

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 09:06:24 +0200

> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2025 00:39:02 +0200
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> -  With a zero prefix argument, this uses the absolute file name of
> -each marked file.  With just @kbd{C-u} as the prefix argument, it uses
> +  With a zero prefix argument, this uses the absolute file name of each
> +marked file.  With prefix value, it uses names relative to the current
> +project root.  With just @kbd{C-u} as the prefix argument, it uses
>  file names relative to the Dired buffer's default directory.  (This

Using 1 as the prefix arg which means files are relative to project
root seems inconsistent with the meaning of zero argument.  So I would
suggest to use "C-u C-u" for the new meaning.  It is not harder to
type, and it is more mentally similar to "just C-u".

> +*** 'dired-copy-filename-as-kill' supports project-relative names.
> +With a new value of the prefix argument (1), this command copies file

Suggest to reword:

 When invoked with the prefix argument of 1, this command ...

(But if you agree to switch to "C-u C-u", this will need to be phrased
differently.)

Thanks.