Subject: 31.0.50; forward-list doesn't work in bash-ts-mode

From: the_wurfkreuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 21:03:15 +0000

I stumbled upon a situation where the 'forward-list' doesn't work, butusing `backward-list` works on the same bracket pair.

Steps to reproduce:

1. emacs -Q
2. Remove everything from the scratch buffer and paste:

#!/bin/sh

check_dirs_file() {
if [ "$(wc -l "$dirs_file")" -gt 10 ]; then
tmp_dirs_file="$(mktemp)"
sed '1d' "$dirs_file" > "$tmp_dirs_file"
cp "$tmp_dirs_file" "$dirs_file"
fi
}

3. M-x bash-ts-mode
4. Move the cursor to the opening bracket of '$(mktemp)' and execute
'forward-list'. It gives "No next group" message.

At the same time moving the cursor to the closing bracket and using
'backward-list' will work. Also, if i enable bash-mode instead of the
treesitter one, then it will work for the opening bracket too.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2025-03-06 built on ub-void
Repository revision: 9faa8d32a3db893db01debaaaa1db79ec1c1b33e
Repository branch: master
System Description: Void Linux

Configured using:
'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter --with-gif
--with-png --with-jpeg --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-imagemagick
--with-pgtk --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_COLLATE: C
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
windmove-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
meow-magit-mode: t
meow-global-mode: t
meow-mode: t
meow-esc-mode: t
envrc-global-mode: t
envrc-mode: t
buffer-terminator-mode: t
global-git-commit-mode: t
magit-auto-revert-mode: t
marginalia-mode: t
vertico-mode: t
corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
corfu-history-mode: t
corfu-echo-mode: t
global-corfu-mode: t
corfu-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
undo-fu-session-mode: t
global-treesit-auto-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
display-line-numbers-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tab-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wurfkreuz/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250108.1351/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug vertico-directory wdired face-remap
cus-start shortdoc find-dired help-fns radix-tree tramp-cmds windmove
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-pred em-ls
em-hist em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs em-basic em-banner em-alias
em-elecslash esh-mode esh-var org-appear image-file image-converter
oc-basic ol-eww eww vtable mule-util url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi dired-aux whitespace bug-reference
raku-detect python vc-git vc-dispatcher jka-compr tramp-cache time-stamp
tramp-sh savehist f eshell em-tramp esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-opt
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util meow meow-tutor
meow-cheatsheet meow-cheatsheet-layout meow-core meow-shims meow-esc
meow-command array meow-thing meow-visual meow-keypad meow-beacon
meow-helpers meow-util meow-keymap meow-face meow-var delsel org-tempo
tempo org-drill persist org-agenda embark-org org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline avl-tree org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs eglot
external-completion jsonrpc xref ert ewoc debug backtrace kdl-mode
generic markdown-mode color nix-mode nix-repl nix-shell nix-store
nix-log nix-instantiate nix-shebang nix-format nix yaml-mode
dockerfile-mode terraform-mode noutline outline hcl-mode lua-mode
perl-mode flymake envrc inheritenv buffer-terminator transpose-frame
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode benchmark magit-git magit-base
magit-section cursor-sensor crm smerge-mode diff-mode track-changes diff
hydra lv with-editor server embark-consult embark ffap thingatpt consult
bookmark marginalia vertico project cape corfu-popupinfo corfu-history
corfu-echo corfu orderless tempel-collection tempel wgrep grep compile
text-property-search which-key docker docker-context docker-volume
docker-network docker-image docker-container docker-faces docker-core
docker-compose docker-process docker-utils tablist advice tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet dired dired-loaddefs tramp
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ansi-color
tramp-loaddefs docker-group transient format-spec edmacro kmacro compat
dash aio generator s goto-chg undo-fu-session undo-fu zig-ts-mode
clojure-ts-mode treesit-auto crontab-mode sh-script smie treesit
executable rose-pine-theme cus-edit pp cus-load midnight autorevert
filenotify saveplace desktop frameset elec-pair recentf tree-widget
wid-edit comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run comp-common
display-line-numbers cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf annalist-autoloads
buffer-terminator-autoloads cape-autoloads clojure-ts-mode-autoloads
corfu-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads cursor-undo-autoloads
docker-autoloads aio-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
envrc-autoloads f-autoloads go-mode-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
haskell-mode-autoloads hydra-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads meow-autoloads
nix-mode-autoloads magit-section-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-appear-autoloads org-drill-autoloads persist-autoloads
queue-autoloads raku-mode-autoloads rx s-autoloads tablist-autoloads
tempel-collection-autoloads tempel-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads
dash-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads transient-autoloads
transpose-frame-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads undo-fu-autoloads
undo-fu-session-autoloads vertico-autoloads wgrep-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads zig-ts-mode-autoloads package
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1038121 175970) (symbols 48 53127 3) (strings 32 259945 6376)
(string-bytes 1 8988021) (vectors 16 96301) (vector-slots 8 1284030 76940)
(floats 8 749 262) (intervals 56 32165 4053) (buffers 992 36))