Subject: 30.1; lgrep doesn't protect regex with -- before

From: Joel Reicher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 13:02:46 +1100

If the search string begins with `-' the string is interpreted as a flag to grep.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2025-02-24 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.26100
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.26100.3194)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-compress-install
 --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2 prefix=/g/rel/install/emacs-30.1'
Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB
(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-keep-place-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-autoaway-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/joelr/Google Drive/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-1.18/eglot hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-30.1/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/progmodes/eglot

Features:
(shadow messages-are-flowing emacsbug grep vc-filewise vc-annotate
goto-addr lisp-mnt mule-diag multishell-list rect macros
display-line-numbers yaml-mode jka-compr woman man smtpmail proced
sh-script smie executable tramp-cmds multishell savehist time
flow-fill sort gnus-cite smiley url-queue shr-color mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win em-xtra em-term term ehelp
em-smart em-rebind em-elecslash em-alias shortdoc comp-common tabify
autorevert cl-print ange-ftp help-fns radix-tree dired-aux gnus-dired
log-edit add-log em-unix em-script em-prompt em-pred em-ls em-hist
em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs em-basic em-banner esh-mode esh-var
eshell esh-cmd generator esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util kmacro pulse smerge-mode vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util vc-dir
vc misearch multi-isearch markdown-mode eglot external-completion
jsonrpc xref flymake diff ert ewoc debug backtrace find-func
filenotify warnings compile pcase cl-extra indent-bars-ts indent-bars
cus-edit pp cus-start face-remap noutline outline color java-ts-mode
c-ts-common treesit vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher thingatpt tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg
shell parse-time iso8601 tramp-loaddefs project mule-util view
hideshow imenu finder-inf mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-cache url-http url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw gnutls network-stream puny
nsm epa-file epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config erc-track erc-spelling
flyspell ispell erc-sasl erc-sasl-ecdsa-nist256p-challenge
erc-sasl-scram-sha-512 erc-sasl-scram-sha-256 erc-sasl-scram-sha-1
erc-sasl-external erc-sasl-plain sasl-scram-sha256 sasl-scram-rfc
sasl-scram-sha-1 rfc2104 hex-util sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login
sasl-plain erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-match erc-log erc-list
erc-goodies erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join erc-autoaway erc format-spec
erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat compat erc-loaddefs
server avoid gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair cus-load
bazel-autoloads rx chess-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads info eglot-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
indent-bars-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
messages-are-flowing-autoloads multishell-autoloads org-msg-autoloads
htmlize-autoloads x509-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2912136 538970) (symbols 48 52789 5)
 (strings 32 341924 35439) (string-bytes 1 12152731)
 (vectors 16 119633) (vector-slots 8 2322781 480894)
 (floats 8 936 14914) (intervals 56 229773 21890) (buffers 992 140))